|At a Glance:
What: IrRaTiOn'Ale, The 2016 California Morris Ale
Who: Hosted by
When: Friday, April 22 to
Sunday, April 24, 2016Where:
Gindling Hilltop Camp,
Why: Because we deserve it and it keeps us off the streets
(except when we're on tour).
Tours: Saturday, April 23,
2016 throughout Ventura and/or Los Angeles county.
- April 21, 2016 - check the Details page
for the list of what to bring.
- April 13, 2016 - Special pre-order deal on
T-shirts. See the merchandise page.
- April 8, 2016 - Schedule and tours page
- March 26, 2016 - Check out
our merchandise. See who else is crazy enough to attend
(shouldn't you, too?)
- March 24, 2016 - updates to the massed
dances contain all instructions, music notation, sample midi and
- March 1, 2016 - the massed dances have
- February 9, 2016 - New print and online registration form
released, now with LOWER PRICES!
- February 3, 2016 - Initial registration
form released; then taken down because it was too sane.
- January 28, 2016 - We have a name!
And some details...
- Saturday night dinner theme - Mad Tea Party
- June 8, 2015 - Dates announced for the 2016
ale. Hooray! Initial ale
Facebook page set up.
|In General (who am us
The California Morris Ale has been a spring (April-ish)
or summer (August-ish) time tradition for over 25
It's a gathering of morris teams from throughout the state, the west
coast, across the U.S., and internationally as well (we love to host our
U.K. comrades). We gather to dance, perform, and generally carouse, while
sharing in that peculiar recreation known as
morris dancing (but wait - there's
Since the host, location, and website for the ale moves
from year to year (usually back and forth between northern and southern
teams), this website exists so that
folks can always find the latest information by starting from the same
place. Check our history page to track
the travels of this moveable feast.