(and How to Get There)
|The CYO Retreat Center is
located amidst 216 acres of towering redwood forest and open meadow in historical western Sonoma
County, just six miles from the Pacific Ocean and a short walk away from the town of Occidental.
The CYO Retreat Center property includes: (see
pictures of the facilities)
- Heated cabins (up to twelve people each), with centralized bathhouses
- Bathhouses are handicap accessible with separate
facilities for men and women, 5-6 toilets and 6+ showers in each
- A fully equipped and staffed main kitchen. If you have indicated your food preferences/concerns, we will do our best to
- A spacious 6,000-square-foot lodge with surrounding decks. Plenty of room for dancing, breakout singing sessions, etc.
- Basketball courts, a “sand” volleyball court, and a horseshoe pit
- Two full-size, heated pools. If there’s sufficient interest, we will hire a lifeguard at a modest additional cost
- Campfire sites, including two with bench seating for up to 100 people
- Multiple hiking trails
From the North, South, or East:
- Take Highway #101 to Santa Rosa.
- Take the Highway #12 West-Sebastopol/Bodega Bay exit.
- Follow Highway #12 through Sebastopol.
- Continue for 8 miles until you reach the Bohemian Highway turnoff at Freestone (there will be a small green
sign on the right marked “Freestone/Occidental”).
- Turn right onto Bohemian Highway and continue for almost 2 miles. CYO Retreat Center is located on the
left side of the road.
- Cross to the entrance carefully, and continue up the hill to the parking lot.
If you’re flying to the Ale…
…and you’ll be arriving at SFO:
- Sonoma Airport Express buses leave every hour on the half
hour, from the Lower Level (outside Baggage Claim area) in the center island at the pillars marked "Airporters."
- One way fare: Adult – $34; seniors/students – $32; under 12 – Free
- Cash or personal check only – NO CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED!
- Disembark at SANTA ROSA PARK & RIDE, 1350 Maple Ave, Santa Rosa, CA, where we will pick you up
…and you’ll be arriving at the Sonoma County Airport
- Relax…we’ll pick you up soon, or perhaps we’re already waiting outside!