|At a Glance:
Who: Hosted by
When: Friday, April 13 to
Sunday, April 15, 2018Where:
Gindling Hilltop Camp, Malibu, California
Because we deserve it and it keeps us off the streets
(except when we're on tour).
Tours: Saturday, April 14,
2018 throughout Ventura and/or Los Angeles county.
- April 13, 2018 - Banks of the Dee has been dropped from
the Mass Dance list (see the note for
details). Due to last minute registrations, we may rebalance
which teams are on which tours. See the
schedule page for more details.
- April 3, 2018 - check out our
copies and feel free to distribute.
- March 4, 2018 - mass dance descriptions, music, and
videos now available.
- February 13, 2018 - online registration now available.
Sign up now for best prices.
- January 14, 2018 - Early adult registration price for the
ale is $170 if sent by Feb 28. More prices and registration
- October 31, 2017 - Dates for the 2018 ale moved up 1
- October 4, 2017 - Dates and name set up for the 2018 ale.
|In General (who am us
The California Morris Ale has been a spring (April-ish)
or summer (August-ish) time tradition for over
It's a gathering of morris teams from throughout the state, the west
coast, across the U.S., and internationally as well (we love to host our
U.K. comrades). We gather to dance, perform, and generally carouse, while
sharing in that peculiar recreation known as
Since the host, location, and website for the ale moves
from year to year (usually back and forth between northern and southern
teams), this website exists so that
folks can always find the latest information by starting from the same
place. Check our history page to track
the travels of this moveable feast.