Frequently Asked Questions
Here are many of the questions we get asked over and over and
over again, so much so that we have consistent answers.
- What are the mass dances?
Check the Mass Dances page on the web site for
dances, music and notes."
- Where is the Ale?
Camp Hess Kramer, Malibu, CA
- When is the Ale?
April 14-16, 2006
- What is the Theme?
- Will there be skits?
Of course there will be skits! The shorter and funnier, the better.
- What is the suggested dress for the feast?
The Saturday feast will be a luau theme. AloooooooHa!
- What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen
swallow in flight?
Money and registration
- How much are the ale fees?
$110 before March 15, $120 before April 12, $135 at the door.
- Who do we make the checks out to?
- Can I get tax advice at the Ale?
Yup, do them before you come is our advice. We'll help you drink away the
- How much are T-Shirts?
$15 each and what a bargain!
- Is there a child rate?
Kids 5 and under are free, all others are full price.
- Should I list my under 5 child on registration form
YES! Otherwise there will be no room on the bus or in a bunk.
- Should we email the registration form?
If you like, send to
Then if Ed doesn't get a paper
copy (and the checks), he will contact you.
- Will there be any religious observances organized?
None of us feel qualified to lead anything, but if someone else is, we are
happy to set aside time and space for you.
- When should I arrive?
Between 2 and 9pm, Friday
- When should my flight leave?
Between 3 and 7pm Sunday
- Who is the transportation coordinator?
What to bring
- Do I need a sleeping bag?
Yes! Please bring sleeping bag and your own towel. If you need a pillow and
a teddy bear\, bring those too.
- Is the event BYOB?
We will provide soft drinks, water on the buses, wine with dinner, and beer
at the camp. Anything else is up to you.